Our STEM robotics kits and classes are perfect for
Beginners (ages of 9-18) interested in robotics, coding, and video game design
Kids interested in STEM subjects that are limited or not offered at school
Tinkerers who are considering STEM as a potential school or career interest
How It Works
- SUBSCRIBE - We ship a new STEM science kit to your home every 3 months
- CLASSES - Twice a week, your child participates in 60-minute build-along classes taught by passionate teachers
- LESSONS - Self-paced lessons are available on our learning portal for your child to work on projects at their own pace.
- GO BEYOND THE KIT - Build fun, practical toys and devices that are reusable and useful.
Subscriptions start from $39.95/month.
From 9 years and up, any child can become
the next Grace Hopper
Basic Circuits & Code
Build 12 mini-projects such as a nightlight, doorbell, or intruder alarm
Control a remote control robot from a phone, tablet, or computer
Measure the units of weather and learn to pull up the local forecast
Video Game Controller
Build a game controller and play games like Pong or Snake
Assemble a mini-keyboard and play tunes or make your own sounds
WiFi Light Switch
Control the lights in your home from a phone, tablet, or computer
Live Zoom classes taught by passionate teachers
- · 60-minute live classes twice a week with kids from across the globe (morning and evening sessions available)
- · All classes are recorded and saved in your child's profile to access anytime
- · "Office hours" are held once a month to answer questions or help troubleshoot projects
- · Continuous STEM curriculum and open-ended projects made for beginners and more seasoned tinkerers
What our customers are saying
"Lots of excitement here in the McGhee household. I'm 49 and almost quit my job to apply to MIT when my son and I made the WiFi robot move! I had visions of Mars Rover 2.0 and interplanetary jetpacks! This is so needed right now!"
"Thimble classes are perfect for my kids. I more or less threw them into the first class and they went to town. The zoom bomb session with the Nintendo game designer had my kids talking about their experience for days!"
"We love taking Thimble classes in our household. I also run the Pinhead Institute, which is a Smithsonian Affiliate, and we're excited to bring hands-on learning to our students. They leave every class feeling inspired!"
Every child deserves access to modern STEM skills
Our DIY STEM kits are designed by experts who wish they had Thimble when they were kids
Everything needed to build, code, and learn delivered to your home
Combine parts and materials to create countless outcomes
Learn from experienced passionate teachers that follow your child's progress
Kids learn at their own pace in the comfort of their own home